The Arena Sports facility comprises a state of the art fitness suite, exercise studio and sports hall.
Arena GymThe Arena Gym has high quality training equipment from Technogym. All our equipment is regularly maintained to a high standard. Fully qualified fitness professionals are on hand to help at all levels, from induction to creating individual exercise programmes and advising on technique.
- Cardio equipment including: 9 spin bikes, 6 treadmills, 2 cross trainers, 1 recline bike, 3 upright bikes, and 3 rowers;
- Resistance machines including: 1 shoulder press, 1 hand bike, 1 low row machine, 1 leg curl, 1 leg extension, 1 chest press machine, 1 leg press and 1 vertical traction machine;
- Free weights: 1kg-36kg dumbbells, barbells, 1.25kg-20kg weighted plates;
- The radiant cable machine for functional strength and conditioning;
- A matted area for bodyweight exercises and stretching;
- Additional equipment including: Bosu ball, medicine ball, slam ball, Swiss ball and wall ball.
The Arena Gym is the perfect training venue for learners studying professional fitness industry qualifications or external Personal Trainers looking to train their private clients.
Whether you are looking to start out in the health and fitness industry or are an experienced fitness professional, Kingston College provides you with the highest quality training in a fantastic and functional environment.
Arena Sports HallThe sports hall has a fully sprung floor large enough for two full-sized volleyball courts, two basketball courts or six badminton courts and has capacity for 500 spectators. Kingston College has hosted international Basketball, Hockey, Netball and Volleyball events and is currently the home of Kingston Trampoline Academy, Kingston University sports and Richmond Volleyball Club.
Arena Exercise StudioStudents, staff and the external hirers are able to use our exercise studio, which features a fully sprung floor refurbished in the 2017, mirrors and some functional training equipment. The studio is designed for a range of activities, including martial arts, dance and Yoga/Pilates. Kingston Cobra’s Kickboxing, Kingston University and Vital Signz are amongst the external hirers who use the facility.
KC ActiveThe KC Active Free Sports programme offers motivated students interested in sport a chance to gain voluntary experience as well as opportunities to further their qualifications whilst at College.