The College has a strong commitment to including the views of staff and students to feature in strategic development over the coming years. Our aims and objectives are contained in the strategy document below, together with our mission statement and a summary of our values.
Our MissionWe will provide ever higher standards of learning, teaching, support and success to a diverse and ambitious community of students and employers, securing progress for all and making Kingston College a happy and rewarding place to be.
OPPORTUNITY Taking and making chances to progress and improve.
INCLUSION Securing the best for everyone in our community.
CHOICE Knowing our students and partners choose us over others.
EXCELLENCE Doing what we do very, very well.
- Continue to raise standards, with the following performance targets across the curriculum:
- Success rates in vocational and academic courses 90%
- Success rates in functional skills 90%
- Success rates in Apprenticeships 90%
- Student approval ratings for teaching and learning 90%
- Attendance rates in all subjects 90%
- Students meeting or exceeding their personal targets grades 70%
- Students achieving grades A*-C in English or Mathematics GCSEs 50%
- Pilot an employability accreditation scheme that recognises the ways students have improved their skills for work
Diversify income further through curriculum development, especially in HE, Apprenticeships, Adult Learning Loans and LLDD provision
Ensure income targets are met and financial viability in both Colleges is secure, with good or better financial health
Develop the skills of our managers at all levels with a common set of approaches and values
Strengthen equalities practice, diversifying our workforce further
Improve the well-being of colleagues working in our federation
Develop further partnerships for our federation in the context of the Area Review process and with curriculum rationalisation as a key outcome
Establish site master plans for both Colleges