Additional Learning Support
Help is available if you have (or think you have) a learning difficulty, disability or medical condition. This includes the disabilities such as dyslexia, autism, Asperger’s, hearing loss, visual impairment and physical disabilities. See Kingston College's Additional learning Support for more details.
Safeguarding/ Keeping Students Safe
Kingston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you have any concerns speak to your Tutor or to Student Support. See keeping safe for more details.
Sexual Health and Well-being
K-Zone Nurses run a weekly sexual health and well-being drop-in Thursdays 12.00-2.00pm in our Kingston Hall Road Centre room G37 and on Mondays 3.30-6.30pm at Kingston Guildhall. The C-Card scheme / free condoms are available at these and in the Student Support Centre. There is also the YES Bus in Kingston on Thursdays 2.30-5pm. The College run promotions and events throughout the year to support students to make positive changes and adopt healthy lifestyle.
Money to Study
There is a range of support available for students. For more information see money to study.
Support for Childcare
Information on Childcare support can be found in money to study.
Support to Travel
Students aged 16 or 17 who live in a London borough can get free bus and tram travel and discounted pay as you go fares with a TFL 16+ Zip Oyster photocard. Students age19+, on a full time course and living in a London borough, can apply for the TFL 18+ Student Oyster which gives 1/3 off weekly or monthly travel cards. See support to travel for more information.
Careers Information Advice & Guidance
Enrichment activities for students to take part in alongside their studies increase their personal and social development, as well as enhancing their CV / UCAS application. These include:
- KC Active weekly sports clubs
- Termly Enrichment Events e.g. Freshers’ Fair, Careers & HE fairs…
- Mental Health Ambassador volunteer roles : students lead on health campaigns/events and access training delivered by a health professional
- V-inspired Award : volunteer hours are logged for a nationally recognised award
- Student Common Area activities in Deli KC
We have an active elected Students’ Union which students can get involved with to help change and improve the College. The Students’ Union gives students a voice on all issues and interests that affect them outside of the classroom e.g. facilities, enrichment, equalities issues, mental health/wellbeing, student finance etc. The Students’ Union Officer roles offer students the opportunity to gain:
- Amazing work experience and access to professional NUS conferences/training as an Officer
- Excellent experience for UCAS applications / personal statements
- A chance to vote or campaign in annual SU and national NUS Elections
- The opportunity to organise or attend more student events
- The chance to have a say about College experience & to make a difference
- Leadership experience of running campaigns/petitions/own SU society
For more information please contact the Enrichment Student Engagement Advisor team based in G74 or the G75 Student Support centre or look at the Student Moodle page
The Students’ Union sells NUS extra cards to both students and staff with hundreds of fantastic discounts on offer. For more information and to apply visit the NUS website.