You can apply for our full-time undergraduate programmes online via UCAS. Certain courses may require that you apply to one of our university partners – check individual course pages for details. You will pay a small fee depending on how many other courses you apply for. Check the UCAS website for further information on this.
A small number of our courses are part-time, and as such we don’t currently take applications for these through UCAS. You can still see part-time course details on the UCAS course search, however. Applications can be made directly from the individual course page. No payment required.
All undergraduate courses require that you can demonstrate a certain level of academic achievement before joining, such as English and Maths GCSE. Each course is different, so make sure you check requirements on individual course pages. At enrolment we will need to see original certificates of all qualifications.
What we need from you
Whether applying via UCAS or directly, we will need details including the following from you:
- Contact details – so that we can identify you, contact you regarding your application, and set up your account at the College. Please remember to let us know if any of these details change before you arrive, or while you’re studying with us.
- Nationality – used to assess whether or not you will require a Tier 4 visa to study with us (Kingston College campus only), and for fee assessment. Students who have not lived in the UK for the last 5 years may be required to pay international fees.
- Education/qualifications history – all undergraduate courses require that you demonstrate a certain level of academic achievement before joining, such as English and Maths GCSE. At enrolment we will need to see original certificates of all qualifications.
- Predicted grades – if you have incomplete qualifications, predicted grades allow us to give you a realistic offer, if you are successful at interview stage, as it gives us an indication of your likely level of attainment prior to joining us.
- Additional needs – please include details of any learning difficulties or disabilities as this will help us to arrange support before you arrive. You may also wish to consider applying for DSA to assist with any extra expenses you may have.
- Criminal convictions – depending on the nature of the offence, you will be invited in for a risk assessment with a member of admissions staff and a senior member of staff. This interview will determine whether or not we can progress your application.
- Reference details – applications via UCAS enter the details of a referee, who is sent an automatic request for reference. If a reference is deemed unsatisfactory, the Undergraduate Admissions Team may contact you to request another.
Please be aware that we can only currently accept applications for undergraduate courses at Kingston College from overseas students (outside the UK and EEA).
Please also note that some courses are unable to accept international applications as they do not satisfy the minimum amount of weekly contact hours required by UKVI.
South Thames Colleges Group students
Students from Carshalton College, Kingston College, Merton College and South Thames College are usually eligible to apply via the Gold application system as we already have most of your details. You will still be required to submit a short personal statement outlining your reasons for wanting to continue your studies with us. Your personal tutor will act as your reference – ask them for further details.
If you would like to add the college as a Clearing choice, you will first need to speak to a member of the Admissions Team. Please call on 020 8268 3073.