What is the Higher Education Inclusion Fund?
The Higher Education Inclusion Fund is a limited fund to support Kingston College Higher Education students who have exceptional or unexpected and unavoidable financial difficulties despite having received all financial support available to them.
Am I eligible to apply for the Higher Education Inclusion Fund?
To be eligible you must:
- Be an enrolled student on a HE Course at Kingston College
- Have applied for your FULL Student Loan Application and be able to show written evidence of this
- Have received your first Student Loan instalment or be able to indicate the reasons for the delay (for example a late application)
- Provide supporting evidence of your income, general expenditure and need for support with an additional cost
- Be classed as a home student
Please note that this is a limited fund and students must meet the eligibility criteria. This fund is intended to assist with exceptional or unexpected and unavoidable financial difficulties. Students are expected to have made provision for their living costs prior to commencing their studies. All students encounter costs for food, bills, leisure, clothes plus they may have to pay for accommodation, travel and course related costs however some students will choose to spend more than others and therefore students are expected to take responsibility in budgeting accordingly.
Please note that submission of an application does not guarantee funding.
How do I apply for support through the Higher Education Inclusion Fund?
- Complete this application form, answering all questions in full
- Provide evidence of your household income and student finance entitlement
- Return your completed application and evidence to the Student Support Services Team
Can I apply more than once?
You can only make one application per academic year. If your circumstances change during the year you can request a review.
What Happens Next?
Your application will be assessed and we will then write to you to advise you what support you are entitled to and how this will be provided. If your application is not successful we will write to you to notify you of this.
Can I appeal against the College’s decision?
You do have the right to appeal. If you wish to appeal please refer the College appeals process, available on the College website, or contact the Student Support Services Team.
How will I be paid?
The Higher Education Inclusion Fund is paid directly into your bank account, so you MUST have an account in your own name. If you cannot open a bank account please inform a member of the Student Support Services team (in very exceptional circumstances we can issue cheques) and there must be a legitimate reason for you NOT to have a bank account.