Kingston College students took part in the AoC Sport London Regional’s for Football, Badminton and Tennis on Friday 24th November 2017. The winners from these competitions will represent the region of London at the AoC Sport Nationals in Nottingham from Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd April 2018.
The 7-a-side Football competition took place at Hackney Marshes in East London where the Staines Town Football Academy boys represented the College extremely well throughout the knockout stages.
The team qualified for the Final against last year’s winners Barnet and Southgate College who they came runner up to in 2016. After a nail biting penalty shootout the boys won and will go on to represent London in 7-a-side Football in Nottingham. Well done to all the boys representing the College who all study a sport related course alongside training and playing for our Men’s Football Academy:
- BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Sport and Exercise Science STFC students Tommy Melville, Thomas Lim, Hamza Adnan and Josh Baddock
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science student Alex Ross
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science Top up students Jack Vincent and Charlie Brown
- Level 2 Certificate in Sport students Dominic Mills and Jack Torbett
The Tennis competition took place at the Lee Valley Hockey & Tennis Centre in the Queen Elizabeth Park in Stratford. It was a fantastic day with some great quality tennis from students across London. Kingston Collect sport students Hassan Baig studying BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science and Raphael Terrani studying Level 2 Certificate in Sport both qualified for the National Tennis team for London alongside female tennis players Gemma Southwick who is studying BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science and Eloise Saraty who is studying BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science. These 4 Kingston College students will form the London Tennis team alongside 2 male students from Barnet & Southgate College to compete in the National Championships together in April 2018.
The Badminton competition took place at the University of East London SportsDock where 18 Kingston College students (9 female and 9 male) from departments across the entire College took part in either the singles or doubles tournament against 6 other colleges. Kingston College enjoyed great success on the day with the following students qualifying for the London National Badminton team:
- BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science student William Jones won the Men’s Singles competition
- Kyla Francheska Pedroso studying GCSEs won the Women’s Singles competition
- Women’s Singles Runner Up Emily Dohl studying GCSEs
- Women’s Doubles pairing Roshelle Anne Monteza Reginaldo Level 2 Diploma for IT Users and Mikko Fiele Estrella Cruz studying BTEC HNC Diploma Travel and Tourism Management
These 5 Kingston College students will form the London Badminton team, alongside 3 students from Sir George Monoux College and Leyton Sixth Form College, in the National Championships in April 2018.
Joseph O’Clery who studies BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science will also be representing the College in Cross Country at the AoC Sport Nationals in April 2018.
Well done to all the students who represented the College so well at all the regional tournaments that took place during November 2017. We look forward to watching them prepare and train in the run up to April 2018 where they will represent the region of London.