- Merchandising stock
- Business sales and promotion
Completion of these subjects will result in the following qualifications being achieved:
- Functional Skills (if the candidate has not previously achieved GCSE at grade C in English or Maths)
Duration and Delivery
The course will be delivered at the Kingston College Kingston Hall Road centre.
Information for Employers
How can a Retailer Apprenticeship help you?
This Apprenticeship standard is designed to meet the needs of employers and to provide a vocational pathway into the retail and customer services professions. Intermediate level apprentices will train as sales assistants, customer service assistants, stockroom assistants as well as more specialised roles such as beauty consultants.
Apprentices learn on the job practical skills, working at a business four days and attending college one day each week. The duration of the course is approximately 18 months.
This Retailer Apprenticeship standard is designed to provide Apprentices with the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to perform their job role and to support their future progression. Apprenticeships are an ideal way to help your businesses harness fresh new talent.
What do you need to know?
Apprenticeships can be suitable for either a new employee or an existing member of staff. They typically involve of four days a week ‘on the job’ training and one day a week at College.
How will your apprentice be assessed as competent?
The assessment is synoptic and it takes view the overall performance of the apprentice on the job. The assessment activities will be completed in the following order:
- On Demand Test
- A two hour practical observation
- One hour structured professional discussion
- Achievement of Functional Skills English and Maths if required
- Completion independent end assessor confirms that each assessment element has been completed and will determine PASS/DISTINCTION/FAIL
What does it involve?
Units are selected in accordance with the Apprentice’s job role so are not exhaustive - they include:
- Provide information and advice to customers in a retail environment
- Work effectively in your retail team
- Promote loyalty schemes to customers in a retail environment
- Demonstrate products to customers in a retail environment
- Process payments for purchases in a retail environment
How we can help you
- By explaining the way Apprenticeships work
- A dedicated assessor to perform work place assessments
- Support your new and existing staff into Apprenticeships, subject to eligibility
- Provide a free recruitment service to help you find the right apprentice for your organisation
Apprentices learn on the job practical skills, working in the organisation four days and attending College one day each week. The duration of the course is approximately 18 months.