FAQs - Undergraduate

Below are some of the common questions we get asked - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have a question that isn't below.

Why do you do undergraduate courses? Isn’t Kingston College an FE college?

Even though Kingston College is primarily an FE College, it has a long history of offering undergraduate courses, and works with a number of university partners to deliver quality programmes right up to degree level. Read more about why you might want to consider studying undergraduate at Kingston College here.

What courses can I do at Kingston College?

The College offers a range of different qualification types, offering more flexibility than the traditional university route. Courses are also priced to be more affordable, making us a viable alternative to students to which a ‘traditional’ university experience doesn’t appeal.

We also offer undergraduate courses at two of our sister colleges - Carshalton College, and South Thames College.

Is a Kingston College undergraduate course different to a university course?

Our nationally-recognised foundation degree, bachelors and top-up qualifications ultimately give you the same qualification as if you studied them at university. Our HNCs and HNDs are equivalent to the first and second years of a university degree, respectively. Working closely with our different university partners and Pearson, we are able to ensure quality programmes of study are delivered at the College, preparing our graduates for the world of work.

Can I get a student loan to cover tuition fees?

You are able to get a loan to cover tuition costs for all of our undergraduate courses. Go to the gov.uk website for information on eligibility and to apply.

Can I get a maintenance loan to cover living costs?

You are able to get a loan to cover living costs for all of our undergraduate courses. The amount you are entitled to will depend on your circumstances. Go to the gov.uk website for information on eligibility and to apply.

What does ‘full-time course’ and ‘part-time course’ mean?

A ‘full-time’ student includes those who are attending a course which lasts at least one academic year, requires attendance of around 24 weeks a year and involves on average at least 21 hours of study, tuition or work experience per week during term time. It does not mean that you will be in College Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.

Part-time undergraduate students’ course intensity is less than that of a full-time undergraduate student – they may study less credits over the course of an academic year, or have fewer contact hours with their lecturers, on average.

Can I work at the same time as studying?

Students are encouraged to work at the same time as studying, particularly if they can apply what they are learning at College in a work context. If you do plan on working however, remember to factor in lectures, as well as time to complete your assignments, particularly at times of year when you’re likely to have lots of coursework deadlines or revision for exams.

International students are subject to restrictions on working hours. For information on this, contact the International Team.

AOC - Apprenticeships - Teaching Excellence Framework Silver
English UK - British Council Accredited - Ofsted Good Provider
Euro logoqaa logo