An alternative route to University or Higher Education for students aged 19+ who have been out of education for at least a year, the Access to Higher Education Diploma - Nursing is designed to give adult students, who may have left school early or have been out of education for a number of years, the opportunity to develop academic skills, confidence and knowledge before applying to university. This course requires a minimum of 90% attendance and the successful completion of 45 Level 3 credits and 15 Level 2/3 credits. The Access to HE Diplomas at Kingston College are nationally recognised qualifications and are awarded by The Open College Network London Region (OCNLR).
Please note that it is the responsibility of the student to ensure their current and future qualifications comply with the entry requirements of any university to which they intend to progress. Experience in a related vocational area will support your application to higher education on completion of the Access Diploma. This course requires excelelnt time management, maturity of approach and a high level of commitment throughout the year.
Duration and Delivery
Recommended reading list for Anatomy & Physiology (Please choose one of these books that you can read and use):
- Anatomy and Physiology in health and Illness (2001) A. Waugh & A. Grant
- Ross & Wilson Anatomy & Physiology in Health & IIIness - Waugh BSc (Hons) MSc CertEd SRN RNT FHEA, Anne; Grant BSc PhD RGN, Allison
- Memmler’s Structure and Function of the Human Body
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology: 2-volume set, international student version (13th Edition) J.Tortora (2011)
- Human Physiology and Health (2000) D. Wright
- Human Biology (2002) M. Boyle & K.Senior
- Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for student Nurses (2011) Ian Peate (Editor), Muralitharan Nair (Editor)
- Human Body: An illustrated guide to every part of the body (Ann Baggaley)
The Access to HE Diploma - Nursing is taught at Kingston College so is ideal for those based in South West London and Surrey.
Access to HE Student Completes MSc in Psychology +Former Kingston College Access to HE student, Katie Colbran, has recently completed a Masters in Psychology and is now employed on a Graduate Leadership Programme for Social Work, working with vulnerable children. Katie thanked her former Access tutor, Sue Brahams, saying: "I would not have achieved any of this… Read More