- NVQ Level 2 in Performing Engineering Operations. (PEO)
- Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT if necessary.
- BTEC Level 3 Technical Certificate in Engineering.
Minimum of five GCSEs to include Mathematics at Grade C/4 or above and Science at B/5 grade, English Language and ideally a technology subject must also be included. GCSE ICT would also be an advantage. You will be required to produce a satisfactory reference and attendance record. Due to high demand there is a competitive interview process to check for suitability including an entry test prior to a formal interview. At interview, you will be asked to show something that you have produced, assembled or made.
Entrance to this programme will also require a satisfactory result in our entry test and practical hand skills assessment.
International Applicants should consider applying for the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering as a substitute for this course.
Duration and Delivery
Listed below are a number of companies who have accepted students from this programme into their businesses this year. We have achieved approximately an 80% conversion from starters into paid apprenticeships.
- British Airways Advanced Aircraft Apprenticeship
- BAE Systems (Wharton) Advanced Apprenticeship
- Thomson Airlines Advanced Aircraft Apprenticeship
- British Airways ‘Aviation Ops on the Ground’ L1/2 Apprenticeship
- Augusta Westland Helicopters (Yeovil) Craft Apprenticeship
- FLYBE Exeter Diploma/Foundation Degree
World Finals Win for Engineering Apprentices +Tiro Racing have won the McLaren sponsored Best Research and Development Award at the F1 in Schools World Finals in Malaysia. The team of six engineering apprentices from Kingston College were named England National Champions in March and now come away from the 2017 World Finals as Best Research… Read More