- NVQ Level 2 in Performing Engineering Operations. (PEO)
- Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT if necessary.
- BTEC Level 3 Technical Certificate in Engineering.
Minimum of five GCSEs to include Mathematics at Grade C/4 or above and Science at B/5 grade, English Language and ideally a technology subject must also be included. GCSE ICT would also be an advantage. You will be required to produce a satisfactory reference and attendance record. Due to high demand there is a competitive interview process to check for suitability including an entry test prior to a formal interview. At interview, you will be asked to show something that you have produced, assembled or made.
Entrance to this programme will also require a satisfactory result in our entry test and practical hand skills assessment.
International Applicants should consider applying for the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering as a substitute for this course.
Duration and Delivery
Listed below are a number of companies who have accepted students from this programme into their businesses this year. We have achieved approximately an 80% conversion from starters into paid apprenticeships.
- British Airways Advanced Aircraft Apprenticeship
- BAE Systems (Wharton) Advanced Apprenticeship
- Thomson Airlines Advanced Aircraft Apprenticeship
- British Airways ‘Aviation Ops on the Ground’ L1/2 Apprenticeship
- Augusta Westland Helicopters (Yeovil) Craft Apprenticeship
- FLYBE Exeter Diploma/Foundation Degree
Kingston Adult Education Awards Celebrate Students’ Achievements +Kingston College ESOL and Access to Engineering, Midwifery, Social Work, Nursing and Media students were celebrated for their successes, at the annual Adult Achievers Awards hosted by the Rotary Club at the Guildhall on 25 May. This year, 12 outstanding Kingston College learners were nominated for accomplishments in their… Read More