Subject/level: BTEC Level 3, Diploma Level 3, CIBTAC Level 3, Level 3 in Media Make-Up or two A-levels at C grade or above.
In addition, applicants should have four GCSEs at grades A*-C to include English and Maths, or an alternative level 2 qualification in Numeracy and Literacy. Applicants should be proficient in written English.
Students will study mandatory units which will include:
- Management of Health, Safety and Security in the Salon
- Salon Management
- Sales Management in the Beauty Sector
- Quality Management of Client Care in the Beauty Sector
- Laser & Light Treatments for Skin Rejuvenation (for Level 3 qualified Beauty Therapists only)
And optional units which may include:
- Human Resource Management
- Health & Nutrition
- Working With & Leading People
- Indian Head Massage
- Sport & Exercise Massage
Applicants must have access to a suitable salon where they will be supported in a junior management or supervisory role.
Students may wish to enter employment within the industry, or progress onto year 2 studying the HND (Level 5) course.
UCAS code: B350
Institution code: K83