Subject/level: Level 3 in Beauty Therapy/Hairdressing. In addition, applicants should have four GCSEs at grades A*-C to include English and Maths, or an alternative level 2 qualification in Numeracy and Literacy. Applicants should be proficient in written English. Applicants must have access to a suitable salon where they will be supported in a junior management or supervisory role.
Students will study mandatory units which will include:-
- Management of Health, Safety and Security in the Salon
- Salon Management
- Sales Management in the Hair & Beauty Sector
- Laser & Light Treatments for Skin rejuvenation (for Level 3 qualified Beauty Therapists only)
- Quality Management of Client Care
And optional units which may include):-
- Health & Nutrition
- Working with & Leading People
- Human Resource Management
- Work Based Experience
- Personal & Professional development
- Public Relations in the Hair & Beauty sector
- Manage the creation of hairstyle collection
Many students choose to study the VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Laser & Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatments alongside the HNC course.
This course is a logical step towards a managerial position within the Hair and Beauty industry. Please note that you will not be able to progress onto the HND as Pearsons will not be offering this qualification from 2021.
UCAS code: B350
Institution code: K83
Follow us on Instagram: kingstoncollege.hair.barbering