- Photographic make-up
- Promote and sell products and services
- Anatomy and physiology for make-up services
- Bridal make-up
- Airbrush make-up
- Individual eyelash extensions
- Cosmetic make-up science
- False eyelash application
- Client care and consultation
- Health and safety in the salon
- Make up Demo
- Hair-up styles for special occasions
- Social media marketing for a hair or beauty business
Training is delivered in a specialised Make-up studio in the College's Kingston Hall Road centre. Some units are delivered through blended learning packages and online support. Candidates will be expected to work independently producing research material and assignments. Theory assessment will also include written examinations.
Candidates are required to provide their own models for all practical assessments.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age at enrolment and have 3 GCSE's at grade C or above including English or Maths. A Satisfactory school reference, successful interview and diagnostic screening is required prior to any placement offer.
- All applicants will need home access to the Internet and satisfactory IT skills
A level 2 Industry qualification in either Beauty Therapy, Hairdressing and Make Up is preferred. All applicants will be interviewed to judge their suitability for this programme.
Duration and Delivery
Some units are delivered through distance learning and online support.
Next course start date September 2018.
Alternatively progress into a career in the media and entertainment industry.
Your kit must be purchased at least 28 days prior to the course start date. Enrolment may be withheld to any students who are not in receipt of their kit. For all cost and funding enquiries, please contact Student Registry on 020 8268 2888.
Information will be provided at interview regarding the estimated cost of personal kit and uniform.
This course is delivered at our Kingston Hall Road centre.
Beauty Students prepare The Rose Theatre cast of Alice in Winterland +Kingston College Beauty students have been working behind the scenes with the cast of the Rose Theatre’s Christmas Production of Alice in Winterland preparing Alice, the White Rabbit and the Mad Hatter for a teaser trailer and magazine shoot. The talented Level 3 students Shannon Elmes, Arianna Lemos, Gabriella… Read More
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Make Up Techniques (Adults)
- VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Specialist Techniques (Adult 19+ Learners)
- VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Specialist Techniques (16-18 years)
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies (16-18 years)
- Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy