The Level 2 Foundation Certicate in Accounting introduces a range of basic accounting principles and techniques, making it suitable for people new to finance looking to develop an introductory level of knowledge and skills. The qualification covers techniques such as costing and double-entry bookkeeping to the use of accounting software.
Course ContentThe Level 2 Foundation Certicate in Accounting is made up of five mandatory units:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Working Effectively in Finance
- Using Accounting Software
Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and Information Communications & Technology.
Entry RequirementsA minimum of grade D/3 at GCSE in English and Mathematics and suitable employment.
Duration & DeliveryA minimum of 12 months off-the-job training at College which is typically one day per week.
ProgressionOn successful completion of this course students can progress to an Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
Benefits to your BusinessThere has been no better time to employ an apprentice! Having a nationally recognised, structured training programme developed in consultation with employers which will help firms to:
- Fill skills gaps.
- Help to recruit and retain high calibre staff.
- Motivate the workforce to feel more valued.
- Widen access and improve the diversity of the workforce.
- Be viewed as a ‘learning organisation’ investing in the future of the workkforce
- Promoting staff loyalty to the organisation.
- You may also be entitled to an employer grant to assist you.
Apprentices can be a new employee or an existing member of staff subject to eligibility.