- NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Business & Administration (OCR)
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business & Administration
- Functional Skills - Level 1 maths, Level 1 English and Level 1 Information and Communications Technology
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
Duration and Delivery
Information for Employers
How can taking on an Apprentice help your business?
The Apprenticeship framework is designed to meet the needs of employers and to provide a vocational pathway into a profession. Intermediate level apprentices will train in roles appropriate to their chosen profession, learning on the job practical skills working at a business four days and attending college one day every other week. The duration of an apprenticeship course is a minimum of 12 months.
All Apprenticeship frameworks are designed to provide apprentices with the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to perform their job role and to support their future progressions. Apprenticeships are an ideal way to help your business harness fresh new talent.
What do you need to know?
Apprenticeships can be suitable for either a new employee or an existing member of staff. You will be responsible for the apprentice’s wages which, from October 2015, will be a minimum of £132 per week.
What qualifications do we offer?
An Apprenticeship consists of:
- An appropriate-level Knowledge Certificate (usually level 2 or level 3).
- An NVQ practical qualification (usually level 2 or level 3).
- Functional Skills qualification (if the candidate has not previously achieved a GCSE grade C in English and Maths).
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
We can help you by
- Explaining the way Apprenticeships work
- Providing a dedicated assessor to perform workplace assessments
- Supporting your new and existing staff into Apprenticeships, subject to eligibility
- Providing a free recruitment service to help you find the right apprentice for your organisation
- Facilitating your application for the Employer Grant
16-18 year olds are fully funded by the College
For those aged 19+ an Employer Contribution will be required
An Employer Grant of £1,500 is available for those eligible