Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for an employer, earn a salary and at the same time study to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience.
Apprenticeships are flexible and are designed to offer a structured programme of learning to fit around the needs of the individual and the employer.
Learning takes place mainly during the employment through the development of 'on the job' skills, supported by your College based 'off the job training' which will take place at the college typically for one day every other week. Both the on and off the job elements of the apprenticeship lead to nationally-recognised qualifications.
The Level 3 Business & Administration Apprenticeship is particularly suitable for those working as administrative officers/executives, team leaders, office supervisors, personal assistants and secretaries. Employers always need competent and efficient leaders and supervisors of their administration operations.
Learners will gain a certificate for things that they already can do and are competent at, whilst developing new skills and acquiring valuable background knowledge which will also lead to additional qualifications.
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration (OCR)
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration
- Functional Skills - Level 2 maths, Level 2 English and Level 2 Information & Communications Technology
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
Interview, suitable employment and ideally Level 2 Business and Administration Apprenticeship or A'levels.
Duration and Delivery18 months' work-based learning, one day every two weeks in College.
ProgressionOn successful completion of this course students can progress to a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Business & Professional Administration, into other further education courses in management and business-related field or into the Foundation Degree in Business, also available at Kingston College.
Information for Employers
How can taking on an Apprentice help your business?
The Apprenticeship framework is designed to meet the needs of employers and to provide a vocational pathway into a profession. Intermediate level apprentices will train in roles appropriate to their chosen profession, learning on the job practical skills working in a business and attending college one day every other week. The duration of an apprenticeship course is a minimum of 18 months.
All Apprenticeship frameworks are designed to provide apprentices with the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to perform their job role and to support their future progressions. Apprenticeships are an ideal way to help your business harness fresh new talent.
What do you need to know?
Apprenticeships can be suitable for either a new employee or an existing member of staff. You will be responsible for the apprentice’s wages which, from October 2015, will be a minimum of £132 per week.
What qualifications do we offer?
An Apprenticeship consists of:
- An appropriate-level Knowledge Certificate (usually level 2 or level 3).
- An NVQ practical qualification (usually level 2 or level 3).
- Functional Skills qualification (if the candidate has not previously achieved a GCSE grade C in English and Maths).
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
We can help you by
- Explaining the way Apprenticeships work
- Providing a dedicated assessor to perform workplace assessments
- Supporting your new and existing staff into Apprenticeships, subject to eligibility
- Providing a free recruitment service to help you find the right apprentice for your organisation
- Facilitating your application for the Employer Grant
16-18 year olds are fully funded by the College
For those aged 19+ an Employer Contribution will be required
An Employer Grant of £1,500 is available for those eligible