Course ContentThis award requires the accumulation of 240 credits, 120 for each year of study. Modules studied include:
• Personal and professional development through reflective practice
• Learning, teaching and development in the field of special and inclusive education
• Child protection and ethical practices of working with children
• Inclusive practice
• International systems to support learning
• Leadership in the field of special and inclusive education
• Effective communication skills
• Special project
Entry RequirementsThis Foundation Degree is for students with a Level 3 qualification in Childcare and at least two years’ experience of working with children with special educational needs. Applicants need to be currently employed or doing voluntary work for no less than 16 hours a week. We actively support students with additional learning needs, e.g. dyslexia.
Applications from International students with equivalent qualifications and IELTS 6 are welcome.
Duration and DeliveryTwo years work-based learning, delivered one afternoon a week at College between 2pm-6pm (precise day to be advised). Next course start date: September 2018.
ProgressionOn successful completion of this course, students may progress onto a "top up" year of a BA (Hons) Degree course at Kingston University or another H E provider. Upon achieving a B A Hons Degree could progress to acquiring Early Years Teacher status or Graduate Teacher status or undertake an M A.
This course is delivered at the Kingston College, Kingston Hall Road Centre
2018-2019 Tuition fees: £5170 for the first year and subsequent year is subject to confirmation and may change.
Fees Information for International students may be found on the Kingston University web page.
Fees quoted do not include consumables or awarding body fees.
Applications to be made via UCAS and will be accepted until the end of August
Institution Code: K84
Course Code: X360
CampusKingston Hall Road
Kingston College is Named Best College in London and 6th in the Country +Kingston College’s full time 16-18 Student Achievement Rates are our highest ever, placing us 6th out of 218 FE Colleges across England and making us officially the best college in London. The College is also placed an outstanding 14th nationally for all-age achievement rates. On 15 June 2017 the… Read More
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce - Early Years Educator (Adult Learners)
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Health and Social Care
- BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Early Years (Sector Endorsed)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care (Year 2)