The following modules will be studied over two years, each module lasting eight weeks. The award requires the accumulation of 240 credits, 120 for each year of study.
Year 1 - Level 4: students will be undertaking the following modules:
• Personal and professional development through reflective practice
• Child Development Observation and Assessment
• Inclusive education and inter-professional perspectives.
• Child Protection and Ethical Practices of Working with Children
Year 2 - Level 5: students will be undertaking the following modules:
• Historical and International Perspectives of Early Years Education
• Early Years Pedagogy and Practice
• Effective Communication Skills
• Special Project
Entry RequirementsThe Foundation Degree is for students with a Level 3 qualification in Childcare and Education. You will need at least two years’ work experience and currently be employed or doing voluntary work for no less than 16 hours a week in a childcare setting.
We actively support students with additional learning needs, e.g. dyslexia.
Applications from International students with equivalent qualifications and IELTS 6.0 are welcome.
Duration and DeliveryTwo years - full-time work-based learning. Attendance at College one evening a week. Next course start date: September 2018.
ProgressionOn successful completion of this course, students may progress onto a "top up" year of a BA (Hons) Degree course at Kingston University or another H E provider. Upon achieving a B A Hons Degree could progress to acquiring Early Years Teacher status or Graduate Teacher status or undertake an M A
Additional Information2018-2019 Tuition fees: £5170 (for the subsequent year are subject to confirmation and may change)
Fees information for International students may be found on the Kingston University website.
Fees do not include consumables or awarding body fees.
Application is through UCAS and will be accepted until the end of August.
Institution code: K84
Course code: X110
Campus: Kingston Hall Road centre
CampusKingston Hall Road
Kingston College is Named Best College in London and 6th in the Country +Kingston College’s full time 16-18 Student Achievement Rates are our highest ever, placing us 6th out of 218 FE Colleges across England and making us officially the best college in London. The College is also placed an outstanding 14th nationally for all-age achievement rates. On 15 June 2017 the… Read More
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce - Early Years Educator (Adult Learners)
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Health and Social Care
- BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Early Years (Sector Endorsed)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care (Year 2)