Course ContentThe award requires the accumulation of 240 credits, 120 for each year of study.
Modules studied include:
- Personal and professional development through reflective practice
- Child development, observation and assessment
- Child protection and ethical practices of working with children
- Leardership and Management of Identity
- Leadership and Management of the Early Years Setting
- Leadership and Management of the Organisation
- Special project
- Historical perspectives.
Entry RequirementsApplicants must hold a Level 3 qualification in Childcare or equivalent. You will need at least two years' experience and currently be employed in a managerial capacity in an Early Years setting for no less than 16 hours a week.
Applications from International students with equivalent qualifications and IELTS 5.5 are welcome.
Duration and DeliveryModules will be studied over two years, with attendance at College for half a day a week.
Next course start date: September 2018.
ProgressionOn successful completion of this course, students may progress onto a "top up" year of a BA (Hons) Degree course at Kingston University or another H E provider. Upon achieving a B A Hons Degree could progress to acquiring Early Years Teacher status or Graduate Teacher status or undertake an M A.
2018-2019 Tuition fees: £5170 for the first year and the subsequent year is subject to confirmation and may change.
Fees Information for International students may be found on the Kingston University web page.
Fees quoted do not include consumables or awarding body fees.
Application is through UCAS and will be accepted until the end of August.
UCAS Code: XN12
Institution Code: K84
Campus: Kingston College, Kingston Hall Road
See what current students think about the course here.
CampusKingston Hall Road
Kingston College is Named Best College in London and 6th in the Country +Kingston College’s full time 16-18 Student Achievement Rates are our highest ever, placing us 6th out of 218 FE Colleges across England and making us officially the best college in London. The College is also placed an outstanding 14th nationally for all-age achievement rates. On 15 June 2017 the… Read More
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce - Early Years Educator (Adult Learners)
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Health and Social Care
- BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Early Years (Sector Endorsed)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care (Year 2)