- Networking and Architecture (CCNA1);
- Mobile and Operating Systems (Level 3 Award);
- Cloud Services (Level 3 Award);
- Coding and Logic (Level 3 Award);
- Business Processes.
Information for Employers
How can taking on an Apprentice help your business?
The Apprenticeship framework is designed to meet the needs of employers and to provide a vocational pathway into a profession. Higher level apprentices will train in roles appropriate to their chosen profession, learning on the job practical skills working at a business four days and attending college one day each week. The duration of an apprenticeship course is a minimum of 18 months. All Apprenticeship frameworks are designed to provide apprentices with the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to perform their job role and to support their future progressions. Apprenticeships are an ideal way to help your business harness fresh new talent.
What do you need to know?
Apprenticeships can be suitable for either a new employee or an existing member of staff. They typically involve four days a week on the job training and one day a week at college. You will be responsible for the apprentice’s wages which we can help you by:-
- Explaining the way Apprenticeships work;
- Providing a dedicated assessor to perform workplace assessments;
- Supporting your new and existing staff into Apprenticeships, subject to eligibility;
- Providing a free recruitment service to help you find the right apprentice for your organisation.
Employer contribution will be required (Government incentive payments may be available).
Kingston's Mayor Delivers Talk and is Interviewed by Students +On Tuesday 12 December, Kingston College was honoured to welcome Councillor Julie Pickering, Mayor of the Royal Borough of Kingston to two separate student events. During the morning the Mayor visited our Kingston Hall Road Centre to deliver a World of Work talk to our IT students, and that… Read More