- Level 3 Diploma in IT User Skills (ITQ);
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Information Communications & Technology which incorporates modules in Spreadsheets, Word Processing, Database, Presentation software amongst others;
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities.
Information for Employers
How can taking on an Apprentice help your business?
The Apprenticeship framework is designed to meet the needs of employers and to provide a vocational pathway into a profession. Higher level apprentices will train in roles appropriate to their chosen profession, learning on the job practical skills working at a business four days and attending college one day each week. The duration of an apprenticeship course is a minimum of 12 months. All Apprenticeship frameworks are designed to provide apprentices with the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to perform their job role and to support their future progressions. Apprenticeships are an ideal way to help your business harness fresh new talent.
What do you need to know?
Apprenticeships can be suitable for either a new employee or an existing member of staff. They typically involve four days a week on the job training and one day a week at college. You will be responsible for the apprentice’s wages which we can help you by:-
- Explaining the way Apprenticeships work;
- Providing a dedicated assessor to perform workplace assessments;
- Supporting your new and existing staff into Apprenticeships, subject to eligibility;
- Providing a free recruitment service to help you find the right apprentice for your organisation;
- Facilitating your application for the Employer Grant.
16-18 year olds are fully funded by the College;
For those aged 19+ an Employer Contribution will be required;
An Employer Grant of £1,500 is available for those eligible.
Big Bang Fair Success for Aerospace Student +A student studying on the Ready to Work in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering programme, Joshua Gere, recently competed in The Big Bang Fair as part of a national science and engineering competition. Joshua came an amazing 3rd place out of 200 entries with a Highly Commended in the Senior category – a fantastic… Read More