- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence;
- Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma In IT;
- Functional Skills – Level 2 Information Communications & Technology;
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities.
Information for Employers
How can taking on an Apprentice help your business?
The Apprenticeship framework is designed to meet the needs of employers and to provide a vocational pathway into a profession. Higher level apprentices will train in roles appropriate to their chosen profession, learning on the job practical skills working at a business four days and attending college one day each week. The duration of an apprenticeship course is a minimum of 12 months. All Apprenticeship frameworks are designed to provide apprentices with the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to perform their job role and to support their future progressions. Apprenticeships are an ideal way to help your business harness fresh new talent.
What do you need to know?
Apprenticeships can be suitable for either a new employee or an existing member of staff. They typically involve four days a week on the job training and one day a week at college. You will be responsible for the apprentice’s wages which we can help you by:-
- Explaining the way Apprenticeships work;
- Providing a dedicated assessor to perform workplace assessments;
- Supporting your new and existing staff into Apprenticeships, subject to eligibility;
- Providing a free recruitment service to help you find the right apprentice for your organisation;
- facilitating your application for the Employer Grant.
16-18 year olds are fully funded by the College;
For those aged 19+ an Employer Contribution will be required;
An Employer Grant of £1,500 is available for those eligible.
Students Enjoy British Airways Workshops during National Apprenticeship Week +As part of National Apprenticeship Week, British Airways ran workshops for our students from IT, Business, Travel and Tourism, K6 and Engineering. The workshops introduced the students to the wide variety of Apprenticeships offered by BA mainly based at Heathrow in their Head Office, Cargo, Customer Service and Engineering sections.… Read More