- Learners who may have a limited prior knowledge and understanding of the engineering sector but have the ability to achieve a foundation level engineering qualification.
- Learners who wish to enter Further Education.
- Learners who are thinking about engineering as a career but who would like some experience of the job role first.
- Those who are new to the industry or looking for a career change or wish to learn new skills.
- Learners who are on a school/college link programme (14 to 16 year olds)
The course covers a wide range of engineering subjects and activities including workshop skills such as using hand tools and machines, making and testing electronic circuits, engineering materials, engineering mathematics and science. The course is divided into a number of units which are assessed using a variety of methods including practical activities, assignments and tests.
Duration and Delivery
To any Level 2 Diploma in Engineering course or gain employment as an Apprentice in an engineering company.