Higher Mathematics covers grades 4-9, whilst Foundation covers grades 1-5. The Mathematics staff will consider progress and individual circumstances to enter students on the most appropriate tier to achieve success. The qualification consists of three equally-weighted written examination papers and it will cover the following content headings:
- Ratio, proportion and rates of change
- Geometry and measures
On completion of this course you are expected to:
- develop fluent knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts
- acquire, select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems
- reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences, and draw conclusions
- comprehend, interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context.
Duration and Delivery
Please be aware that if you do not meet Home Student Residency status, you will be charged at the higher level fee. You may be eligible for help with fees and/or childcare, depending on your circumstances. Classes will run subject to availability.
The Maths GCSE is taught at Kingston College so is ideal for those based in South West London and Surrey.
Royal Military Academy Sandhurst Visit +On a recent BBC1's The One Show, Alex Jones asked Lt Col L M Giles RLC, the first female College Commander at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, what she would do to encourage more females to apply for Officer Training at Sandhurst. The reply included the very generous offer to… Read More