- The sociological approach
- Social structures, social processes and social issues
- Crime and deviance
- Social stratification
- Sociological research methods
Paper 1: The sociology of families and education
- The sociology of families
- The sociology of education
- Relevant areas of social theory and methodologyStudents will be expected to draw on knowledge and understanding of the entire course of study to show a deeper understanding of these topics.
Paper 2: The sociology of crime and deviance and social stratification
- The sociology of crime and deviance
- The sociology of social stratification
- Relevant areas of social theory and methodology
Students will be expected to draw on knowledge and understanding of the entire course of study to show a deeper understanding of these topics.
Duration and Delivery
This course provides a strong foundation for further study at AS and A-level as well as
Vocational pathways. To support this progression, the assessment objectives, structure and titles are very similar to those detailed in the AS and A-level Sociology specification.
Royal Military Academy Sandhurst Visit +On a recent BBC1's The One Show, Alex Jones asked Lt Col L M Giles RLC, the first female College Commander at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, what she would do to encourage more females to apply for Officer Training at Sandhurst. The reply included the very generous offer to… Read More