- Provide client consultations
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
Optional Units include a combination of:
- Hair colour correction service
- Develop, enhance and evaluate your creative hairdressing skills
- Provide specialist hair and scalp treatments
- Cut men's hair using basic techniques
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Contribute to promotional activities
Duration and Delivery
Students on this course aged 16-18 years are fully funded by the College
For students who are 19+ an Employer Contribution will be required
The course will be delivered at the Kingston College Kingston Hall Road centre.
Information for Employers
How can taking on an Apprentice help your business?
The Apprenticeship framework is designed to meet the needs of employers and to provide a vocational pathway into a profession. Intermediate level apprentices will train in roles appropriate to their chosen profession, learning on the job practical skills working at a business four days and attending college one day each week. The duration of an apprenticeship course is a minimum of 12 months.
All Apprenticeship frameworks are designed to provide apprentices with the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to perform their job role and to support their future progressions. Apprenticeships are an ideal way to help your business harness fresh new talent.
What do you need to know?
Apprenticeships can be suitable for either a new employee or an existing member of staff. They typically involve four days a week on the job training and one day a week at college. You will be responsible for the apprentice’s wages which, from October 2015, will be £132 per week.
What qualifications do we offer?
An Apprenticeship consists of:
- An appropriate-level Knowledge Certificate (usually level 2 or level 3).
- An NVQ practical qualification (usually level 2 or level 3).
- Functional Skills qualification (if the candidate has not previously achieved a GCSE grade C in English and Maths).
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
We can help you by
- Explaining the way Apprenticeships work
- Providing a dedicated assessor to perform workplace assessments and monthly monitoring visits
- Supporting your new and existing staff into Apprenticeships, subject to eligibility
- Providing a free recruitment service to help you find the right apprentice for your organisation
- Facilitating your application for the Employer Grant
16-18 year olds are fully funded by the College
For those aged 19+ an Employer Contribution will be required
An Employer Grant of £1,500 is available for those eligible.
- Level 2 Diploma in Hair & Beauty (16-18 years)
- Apprenticeship in Hairdressing - Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals
- Level 1 Diploma in an Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector (16-18 years)
- Level 2 Certificate in Ladies Hairdressing (19+ years)
- Advanced Apprenticeship - Level 3 Diploma for Hair Professionals