Subject/level: Level 3 in Hairdressing. In addition, applicants should have four GCSEs at grades A*-C to include English and Maths, or an alternative level 2 qualification in Numeracy and Literacy. Applicants should be proficient in written English.
Students will study mandatory units which will include:-
- Management of Health, Safety and Security in the Salon
- Salon Management
- Sales Management in the Beauty Sector
- Quality Management of Client Care in the Beauty Sector
And optional units which may include):-
- Research Project
- Human Resource Management
- Work Based Experience
- Personal & Professional development
- Public Relations in the Hair & Beauty sector
- Manage the creation of hairstyle collection
Applicants must have access to a suitable salon where they will be supported in a junior management or supervisory role.
This course is a logical step towards a managerial position within the Hair and Beauty industry. Students can progress onto year 2, studying the Level 5 HND Hair and Beauty Management course.
UCAS code: B350
Institution code: K83
Follow us on Instagram: hmat_kingstoncollege
- Level 2 Diploma in Hair & Beauty (16-18 years)
- Apprenticeship in Hairdressing - Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals
- Level 1 Certificate in an Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector (16-18 years)
- Level 2 NewStart VRQ Certificate in Ladies Hairdressing (19+ years)
- Advanced Apprenticeship - Level 3 Diploma for Hair Professionals