Successful completion of the HNC will require the accumulation of 120 credits from the modules studied. Modules studied include:
- Interview and Presentation Techniques for Television – TV interviewing is a very specific and highly valued skill; in this module you will explore and develop a range of techniques and put them into practice in our TV studio
- Film Studies – you will develop critical analysis techniques and methods, exploring how meaning is created in film and how films are perceived by audiences
- Creative Arts Research – Relevant higher education research skills will be developed in a supportive and creative environment
- Contextual studies – as a professional it is critical that you can contextualise the media environment and are aware of developments
- Practical Skills for the Moving Image – You will practically develop how to use video and audio equipment and create work to a client brief
- Camera and lighting techniques for moving image production – The operation of camera and lighting is fundamental to all moving image productions. This module will ensure you have a firm understanding of how these two elements work together to outstanding creative effect
- Development and techniques of film and video editing – You will practically explore editing technologies and will film and edit your own work
- Animation Techniques – In this module you will plan and produce 2D and 3D animation for a client brief
Successful completion of the HND will require the accumulation of 240 credits from the modules studied. Modules studied in your HND second year include:
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation - In this module you will develop your own creative work using our state of the art studio and editing facilities
- Special Subject investigation - Relevant higher education research skills will be developed in a supportive and creative environment
- Career development for the Moving Image Industries – This module will ensure you have a firm understanding of the work environment; you will have talks from industry professionals, recent graduates etc. you are also strongly encouraged and supported to undertake work experience
- Radio Drama Production – This module will see you exploring and developing radio dramas for narrowcasting via the internet
- Directing for Moving Image Production – The role of the Director can be seen as the creative role in the moving image production process. You will work with the talent to achieve a wonderful creative output
- Moving Image Documentary Production – Documentary production represents one of the largest sectors of both TV and Film, providing an extensive range of opportunities and professional roles within the Industry. In this module you will explore this world and create a documentary.
- Script writing for Moving Image Production - in this module you will explore the fundamentals of good writing such as creating rounded characters and developing coherent plots. From there you will spring board into the creative writing process and develop your own ideas.
- Television News – In this module you will plan, write, record, edit, script and produce a news production
International entry requirements
Duration and delivery
HND – One year, full time. Classes could be day time or evening. A requirement to work on live events may require late evenings at points throughout the year.
- HNC Creative Media Production
- HND Creative Media Production
Tuition Fees 2020 - 21 : Home/EU students - £4950 / International Students - £9000 plus awarding body fees and consumables.
Fees quoted are per year of study.
Awarding Body: Pearson Edexcel
UCAS Course Code: KC07
Institution Code: K83
Fees quoted are per year of study and may be subject to change - please contact us for the latest fees advice.
Open Evening for Part Time Degree Courses - Monday 18 June +Monday 18 June 2018, 7.30pm to 9pm Children now at school? Thinking about a new career or developing your skills? Study for a degree around your work and home life! We offer a number of degree courses in Counselling, Early Years, Care and Business. Unlike traditional universities we… Read More