This course is perfect for people who want to gain employment in the Motor Vehicle industry, and will also provide you with the knowledge required to perform basic maintenance checks, adjustments and component replacement on light vehicles. You will have the opportunity to gain (Functional Skills/GCSEs) that will be essential if you wish to complete an Apprenticeship at a later date. Assessment of the knowledge and skills you will gain is varied and includes: verbal questioning, observed tasks, written coursework and online tests.
Modules included (but are not limited to):
- Tools, Equipment and Materials for Vehicle Maintenance.
- Engine Liquid Cooling and Lubrication Systems.
- Vehicle Braking Systems Components and Maintenance.
- Routine Vehicle Maintenance Processes and Procedures on Vehicles.
- Vehicle Wheels and Tyres Construction and Maintenance.
- Vehicle Exhaust Systems Components and Maintenance.
- Steering and Suspension Systems Components and Maintenance.
Duration and Delivery
World Finals Win for Engineering Apprentices +Tiro Racing have won the McLaren sponsored Best Research and Development Award at the F1 in Schools World Finals in Malaysia. The team of six engineering apprentices from Kingston College were named England National Champions in March and now come away from the 2017 World Finals as Best Research… Read More
- IMI Level 1 Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles
- Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Maintenance, Service and Repair
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Maintenance, Service and Repair
- IMI Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair