This course is perfect for people who want to gain employment in the Motor Vehicle industry, and will also provide you with the knowledge required to perform basic maintenance checks, adjustments and component replacement on light vehicles. You will have the opportunity to gain (Functional Skills/GCSEs) that will be essential if you wish to complete an Apprenticeship at a later date. Assessment of the knowledge and skills you will gain is varied and includes: verbal questioning, observed tasks, written coursework and online tests.
Modules included (but are not limited to):
- Tools, Equipment and Materials for Vehicle Maintenance.
- Engine Liquid Cooling and Lubrication Systems.
- Vehicle Braking Systems Components and Maintenance.
- Routine Vehicle Maintenance Processes and Procedures on Vehicles.
- Vehicle Wheels and Tyres Construction and Maintenance.
- Vehicle Exhaust Systems Components and Maintenance.
- Steering and Suspension Systems Components and Maintenance.
Duration and Delivery
Kingston Adult Education Awards Celebrate Students’ Achievements +Kingston College ESOL and Access to Engineering, Midwifery, Social Work, Nursing and Media students were celebrated for their successes, at the annual Adult Achievers Awards hosted by the Rotary Club at the Guildhall on 25 May. This year, 12 outstanding Kingston College learners were nominated for accomplishments in their… Read More
- IMI Level 1 Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles
- Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Maintenance, Service and Repair
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Maintenance, Service and Repair
- IMI Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair