This course is perfect for people who want to gain employment in the Motor Vehicle industry, and will also provide you with the knowledge required to perform basic maintenance checks, adjustments and component replacement on light vehicles. You will have the opportunity to gain (Functional Skills/GCSEs) that will be essential if you wish to complete an Apprenticeship at a later date. Assessment of the knowledge and skills you will gain is varied and includes: verbal questioning, observed tasks, written coursework and online tests.
Modules included (but are not limited to):
- Tools, Equipment and Materials for Vehicle Maintenance.
- Engine Liquid Cooling and Lubrication Systems.
- Vehicle Braking Systems Components and Maintenance.
- Routine Vehicle Maintenance Processes and Procedures on Vehicles.
- Vehicle Wheels and Tyres Construction and Maintenance.
- Vehicle Exhaust Systems Components and Maintenance.
- Steering and Suspension Systems Components and Maintenance.
Duration and Delivery
Flying Scholar +Aeronautical Engineering student, Reshe Harrison, has been interviewed on ITV about his incredible journey as an engineering student winning a Pilot scholarship. In May this year, Reshe was awarded a coveted Private Pilot Licence (PPL) Scholarship from The Honourable Company of Air Pilots. Elaine Turner, Marketing & Events Manager,… Read More
- City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles
- Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Maintenance, Service and Repair
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Maintenance, Service and Repair
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair