- Production Arts Workshop
- Make-up application skills and creative uses in performance
- Make-up for performers
- Special effects make-up
- Making prosthetics and their use
- Fantasy hair design for performer
- Developing work skills
Work experience is an essential element of this course and you will be encouraged to take part in a variety of industry related opportunities throughout the year. Working collaboratively across college and supporting local productions will also be a compulsory element of this course.
- Four GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above, (or equivalent L2 qualification) including Maths or English
- All applicants will be interviewed to assess suitability for this course, you are welcome to bring any portfolios/images/photographs of independent work you may have already created that supports your interest in this subject
- All applications will be subject to a satisfactory reference
Applicants also require a good level of computer skills, access to the internet and a genuine interest in the special effects make-up industry.
One year programme – September start. Attendance is two/three days per week at College.
On successful completion of the Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Production Arts – Make Up, students may continue onto the L3 Diploma in Production Arts. Some mature students however may be able to progress from the Subsidiary Diploma onto our L4 HNC Make-up course or progess directly into employment. Specialist career advice is available throughout the course.