- Production Arts Workshop
- Make-up application skills and creative uses in performance
- Make-up for performers
- Full body make-up for performers
- Special effects make-up
- Making prosthetics and their use
- Fantasy hair design for performer
- Period hair design and wig making
- Developing workskills
Work experience is an essential element of this course and you will be encouraged to take part in a variety of educational visits throughout the year and supporting local prodcutions will be a compulsory element of this course. We will ensure that your training fits your personal requirements. Some units are delivered through blended learning packages and online support.
Candidates will be expected to work independently producing research material, evidence and assignments. Additional qualifications may be possibe, such as Job Search, Interview Skills and Functional Skills.
- Five GCSEs at grade C or four at grade B, including Maths, English and Art
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up
- Studied a creative subject to an A Level standard
- Level 2 in either hairdressing or beauty therapy
Applicants also require a good level of computer skills, access to the internet and a genuine interest in the fashion and media industry. This qualification is not suitable for candidates under the age of 16. All applicants will be interviewed to judge their suitability for this programme.
Duration and Delivery
Attendance is two/three days per week at College.
Beauty Students prepare The Rose Theatre cast of Alice in Winterland +Kingston College Beauty students have been working behind the scenes with the cast of the Rose Theatre’s Christmas Production of Alice in Winterland preparing Alice, the White Rabbit and the Mad Hatter for a teaser trailer and magazine shoot. The talented Level 3 students Shannon Elmes, Arianna Lemos, Gabriella… Read More
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Make Up Techniques (Adults)
- VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies (Adult 19+ Learners)
- VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Specialist Techniques (16-18 years)
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies (16-18 years)
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Hair and Beauty Management for Beauty Therapy & Make Up Professionals