The Level 3 Certificate is a one year course. The course deals with the scientific themes and concepts of sport and exercise science and aims to provide studies in sport which are directly related to the changing needs of employers in specific areas of the sport science industry.
Modules studied include:
- Anatomy for Football
- Sport and Exercise Physiology (football related)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology (football related).
Four GCSEs at grade C or above which must include English and Mathematics. Level 2 Extended Certificate/Diploma in Sport - Merit grade. Successful interview and satisfactory reference. Duration and Delivery One year, full time.
Semi-professional football contract; Higher Education courses, such as HNC in Sport & Exercise Science, Sports Coaching or Health and Fitness.
Kingston College Triumph in Badminton at AoC Sport Regional Championships 2018 +Kingston College took part in the AoC Sport London Regional Badminton tournament held at University of East London Sports Dock on Friday 16th November 2018. We entered the maximum of three male students and three female students who regularly attend the KC Active extracurricular training sessions. The students had to maintain good academic performance to secure permission from their course leader to take the time out to attend the competition. Kingston College have competed successfully at the Regional competitions for the last 3 years progressing to the Nationals. The competition qualifies the top three male and top three female players to be selected to represent the London region at the 2019 National Championships being held in Nottingham in April 2019. Kingston College played consistently and worked hard to scoop 1st, 2nd and 3rd in both the Men’s competition and the Women’s competition. The first placed male was Marcos Castro-Costeira and in second place was Mohammed Fayzi who are both studying Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences. In third place for the men’s competition was Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in IT student Shaikh Munim. In the Women’s competition Kingston College was represented by Mikko… Read More
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science (Year 2 of 2)
- BTEC Level 3 in Sport & Exercise Science (Year 1 of 2 - Extended Diploma)
- BTEC Level 3 in Sport & Exercise Science or BTEC Level 3 in Sport (Coaching route) (Year 1 of 2 - Diploma)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma Sport and Exercise Science or Sport (Coaching route) (Year 2 of 2)
- OCR Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport (with coaching elements)