The Level 3 Certificate is a one year course. The course deals with the scientific themes and concepts of sport and exercise science and aims to provide studies in sport which are directly related to the changing needs of employers in specific areas of the sport science industry.
Modules studied include:
- Anatomy for Football
- Sport and Exercise Physiology (football related)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology (football related).
Four GCSEs at grade C or above which must include English and Mathematics. Level 2 Extended Certificate/Diploma in Sport - Merit grade. Successful interview and satisfactory reference. Duration and Delivery One year, full time.
Semi-professional football contract; Higher Education courses, such as HNC in Sport & Exercise Science, Sports Coaching or Health and Fitness.
KC Active Reignites Passion for Running! +Kingston College has been fortunate to secure further Sport England funding to tackle inactivity in colleges. The project aims at increasing activity in all college students in order to improve both physical and mental health. One recent success story is Nadia, who studies a range of GCSEs at Kingston College. Nadia joined the KC Active project in September 2018 and has since been attending the Friday basketball session from 12:30-1:20pm each week. Before doing so, Nadia was inactive, as she did not have access to activities for her to be involved with and found that lack of time was a barrier for her, as she could not exercise after college as she would be getting home too late. Nadia decided to get involved in the lunchtime session as she wanted to be active again and could fit this into her timetable, and since doing so has enjoyed the new experience and the differences each session has to offer. At first she was nervous and shy about taking part but has continued to attend sessions and is delighted that she has developed new skills and made new friends as well as improved her physical health. Nadia feels “happy with… Read More
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science (Year 2 of 2)
- BTEC Level 3 in Sport & Exercise Science (Year 1 of 2 - Extended Diploma)
- BTEC Level 3 in Sport & Exercise Science or BTEC Level 3 in Sport (Coaching route) (Year 1 of 2 - Diploma)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma Sport and Exercise Science or Sport (Coaching route) (Year 2 of 2)
- OCR Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport (with coaching elements)