- Principles of Coaching (POCs)
- Practical sports performance
- Psychology of Sport
- Planning and Leading
- Anatomy and Physiology for sports performance
- Sports Nutrition
- Work Experience
Four GCSEs at Grade D or above to include English and maths. Satisfactory reference and successful interview.
Candidates should also have a good level of computer skills, access to the internet from home and a genuine interest in the fitness industry. The college offer a variety of sport and fitness study options and will direct applicants to the most appropriate course dependant on GCSE grades predicted or achieved.
Duration and Delivery
Career paths may include Assistant Gym Instructor, Community Sports Coaching, Assistant Sports Development Officer and Recreation Assistant.
This course is delivered at our Kingston Hall Road centre.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science (Year 2 of 2)
- BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science (Year 1 of 2 Extended Diploma)
- BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Sport and Exercise Science
- OCR Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport (with coaching elements)
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Sport and Exercise Science