- What is teaching and how we learn
- Roles of a teacher/trainer
- Lesson planning and assessing learning
Some aspects are covered by a blended learning approach. Assessment is made by:
- A total of three assignments and a reflective journal
- One 30 minute microteaching session – peer, teacher and self assessed.
Duration and Delivery
Ten weeks, part time -Tuesday evenings, 6.00pm-9.00pm.
Next course start date : September 2018 with another course start date later in the year.
The first session will include course induction and an initial written assessment.
Course Fee: £575 for the academic period 2018/2019 (this includes City & Guilds registration and certification). Please note that the Advanced Learner Loan is not available for this course.
The course is held at our Kingston College, Kingston Hall Road, Kingston on Thames KT1 2AQ.
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) / Professional Certificate in Education (PCE)
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (City & Guilds 5329)
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (City & Guilds 5329)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Education & Training