- Child and young person development.
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Communication and professional relationships.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour.
- Maintain and support relations with children and young people.
- Support children and young people's health and safety.
- Support learning activities.
- Help and improve your own and team practice in schools.
There are 10 written assignments to complete over the year. In addition, you will be visited at least once whilst working in the school. You will also collect evidence based on their work in schools. These tasks will then build into a portfolio of evidence submitted at the end of the course. There are no formal examinations.
Alongside the Supporting Teaching and Learning course, you will also complete the Level 2 Award in Safeguarding (Prevent Strategy). This is an additional qualification that will help you understand the personal responsibilities required to keep young people safe, the role and responsibilities of different agencies, the legal context of safeguarding and the national guidelines for recognising and reporting situations where young people may be at risk of harm, abuse and exploitation.
Duration and Delivery
Next Course Start Date: 10 September 2020
Course fee for academic period 2020/2021: £600 - Please note that the Advanced Learner Loan is not available for this course.
This course is delivered at Kingston College , Kingston Hall Road, Kingston on Thames KT1 2AQ.
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) / Professional Certificate in Education (PCE)
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (City & Guilds 5329)
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (City & Guilds 5329)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Education & Training