- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Schools as Organisations.
- Support Learning Activities.
- Promote children and young people's positive behaviour.
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Support assessment for learning.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings.
- Support children and young people's health and safety.
- Understand child and young person development.
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people.
There are 10 written assignments to complete over the year. In addition, you will be visited at least once whilst working in the school. You will also collect evidence based on their work in schools. These tasks will then build into a portfolio of evidence submitted at the end of the course. There are no formal examinations.
Alongside the Supporting Teaching and Learning course, you will also complete the Level 2 Award in Safeguarding (Prevent Strategy). This is an additional qualification that will help you understand the personal responsibilities required to keep young people safe, the role and responsibilities of different agencies, the legal context of safeguarding and the national guidelines for recognising and reporting situations where young people may be at risk of harm, abuse and exploitation.
Duration and Delivery
Next Course Start Date: 10 September 2020